Codes and Loads (design info)
2015 Codes info
- 2015 I-code adoptions and amendments
- 2009 to 2015 IRC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IBC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IECC Commercial Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IECC Residential Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 IBC Chptr 34 vs. 2015 IEBC significant changes
- 2009 to 2015 IFC Significant Changes
- 2009 to 2015 IFGC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IMC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IPC Significant Changes Summary
View the permits that have been issued by month, for the past year.
Demonstrate your code proficiency/competence! The B.E.S.T. program (Board of Examiners for Standardized Testing) was established in 1994. It is an intergovernmental reciprocity agreement started by local jurisdictions in the Roaring Fork Valley, which has since expanded to include the I-70 corridor, west to Rifle. The program eliminates the need for a contractor license candidate to test in each jurisdiction to qualify for a license. A B.E.S.T. cardholder need only present the card to demonstrate code comprehension. It is not a license.
B.E.S.T. testing is available for:
- Commercial general contractor
- Residential general contractor
- Specialty licenses including:
You may test for a B.E.S.T. card - new or renewal - at Basalt Town Hall, located at 101 Midland Avenue. Please call 970-927-4702, at least 1 day prior to testing, to schedule a test for any business day (Monday - Friday), between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., The cost is $25. The test is open book. Code books - currently 2015 editions - available for testing are limited.
You may order code books through the building department. The Town purchases your order at ICC member rates and passes the savings on to you. It takes about a week for delivery. Payment (including postage) is due when the order is picked up. Call 970-927-4702 to place an order. Browse the ICC bookstore at http://shop.iccsafe.org/.
To view codes online, the International Code Council has posted several editions of all the codes they publish at https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/collections/I-Codes. The site is designed to allow you to view the International Codes for free. You are limited in your abilities to search and print, however all sections of the codes are available for you.