Basalt Building Community,
Here is an important heads-up.
Due to the volume of office work required to support the amount of building going on in Basalt these days we are having to claim/designate two weekdays as “no field work days”.
Starting in May the Basalt Building Department will no longer be doing inspections or site visits on Mondays and Fridays.Roaring Fork Fire Rescue and Town of Basalt Winter 2020/2021 Guidelines for Temporary Outdoor Enclosures or Structures (TOSs)
Also for your reference: TOS Permit Application Checklist
Effective (Thursday, September 17, 2020) New Ordinance for Fire Protection – Click link below
Codes and Loads (Design Info)
2015 Codes Info
- 2015 I-code adoptions and amendments
- 2009 to 2015 IRC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IBC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IECC Commercial Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IECC Residential Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 IBC Chptr 34 vs. 2015 IEBC significant changes
- 2009 to 2015 IFC Significant Changes
- 2009 to 2015 IFGC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IMC Significant Changes Summary
- 2009 to 2015 IPC Significant Changes Summary
mit Application Forms
- Permit Application Checklist - Single Family Construction (new construction, remodel, addition)
- Permit Application Checklist - Tenant Finish or Commercial Building Alterations
- - Residential: Manual J & S Requirements
- Building Permit Fees
- Mechanical Permit Fees
- Electrical - State of Colorado
- SBR Checklist Cover Sheet
- SBR Type I (SF) Checklist_Excel
- SBR Type II (MF COM) Checklist_Excel
View the permits that have been issued by month, for the past year.
- June 2021 Permits
- May 2021 Permits
- April 2021 Permits
- March 2021 Permits
- February 2021 Permits
- January 2021 Permits
- December 2020 Permits
- November 2020 Permits
- October 2020 Permits
- September 2020 Permits
- August 2020 Permits
- July 2020 Permits
- June 2020 Permits
- May 2020 Permits
- April 2020 Permits
- March 2020 Permits
- February 2020 Permits
- January 2020 Permits
- December 2019 Permits
- November 2019 Permits
- Octobers 2019 Permits
- September 2019 Permits
- August 2019 Permits
- July 2019 Permits
B.E.S.T. TESTING IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE IN BASALT.
Demonstrate your code proficiency/competence! The B.E.S.T. program (Board of Examiners for Standardized Testing) was established in 1994. It is an intergovernmental reciprocity agreement started by local jurisdictions in the Roaring Fork Valley, which has since expanded to include the I-70 corridor, west to Rifle. The program eliminates the need for a contractor license candidate to test in each jurisdiction to qualify for a license. A B.E.S.T. cardholder need only present the card to demonstrate code comprehension. It is not a license.
You may order code books through the building department. The Town purchases your order at ICC member rates and passes the savings on to you. It takes about a week for delivery. Payment (including postage) is due when the order is picked up. Call 970-927-4702 to place an order. Browse the ICC bookstore at http://shop.iccsafe.org/.
To view codes online, the International Code Council has posted several editions of all the codes they publish at https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/collections/I-Codes. The site is designed to allow you to view the International Codes for free. You are limited in your abilities to search and print, however all sections of the codes are available for you.