Parks, Open Space & Trails Committee (POST)
The POST Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the Basalt Town Council for the planning of parks, trails, open space, and related projects.
1. Arbaney Park - Exciting Pool improvements are under construction with the goal of having the pool open on Memorial Day. The improvements include a new Robot Pool, improved locker rooms, and significant upgrades to reduce the energy footprint of the pool facility.
2. Basalt River Park - The Town is having its consultants, Connect One Design and Sopris Engineering, prepare bid documents for the Basalt River Park Phase I with the goal of having Phase 1 completed in the fall of 2021.
3. Ponderosa Park - The Town has been working with the Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers and has been making improvements to make this a fully accessible park.
- The POST Committee created a sign program for the Town's parks that was formally adopted by the Town Council in 2015.
- POST also created the Basalt Area Parks, Open Space and Trails Master Plan that was adopted by the Town Council in 2013.
- Current POST working documents include Town Map A and Map B.
Meeting Notes. Meeting notes from July of 2020 to current are located within the agenda center.
1. January - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
2. February - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
3. March - Meeting 1
4. April - Meeting 1
5. May - Meeting 1
6. June - Meeting 1
7. July - Meeting 1; Meeting 2; Meeting 3
8. August - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
9. September - Meeting 1
10. October - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- January - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- February - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- March - Meeting 1
- April - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- May - Meeting 1
- June - Meeting 1
- July - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- August - No meetings this month
- September - Meeting 1
- October - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- November - Meeting 1; Meeting 2
- December - Meeting 1 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>